Tuesday, May 29, 2007

gardening & g.w. - and i don't mean george w.

So, apparently this global warming this is happening. As a short intro to possible further posts on this topic, it appears that even those who tinker with gardening are going to have to make small to significant changes in how they do things. I'm still waiting for a good shady day to let my slightly hardened seedlings sit outside before transferring them into the ground. I'm scared that the sun is going to fry them before they have a chance... but Pancho and I may try to build a tent-like covering to protect the small plants from the direct sunlight when planted. If any of you have any other ideas or advice, I would love to hear!

The link is the National Wildlife Federation's Gardener's Guide to Global Warming.

http://www.nwf.org/gardenersguide/Gardeners_Guide.pdf

No comments: