Thursday, August 2, 2007

approaching harvest



Well, that's not entirely true. We have picked some red tomatoes, which are more mealy and bland than I had expected, but I suspect they are a sauce variety. The seeds came from a tomato that I was eating when taking a break from establishing packaged seeds. I cut into the fruit and noticed that some of the seeds had little green shoots so I cleaned them off and planted them and they quickly developed into great plants. since I'm still learning about the nuances of agricultural technology, I may be incorrect in saying that this means that the mother tomato was not a hybrid or genetically engineered, but in this case I'm going to assume it's so. Regardless of the slight graininess, they are sweet and taste like the fruit of labor.

No comments: