Tuesday, August 21, 2007

can this be rectified?

I bought the majority of my organic seeds this year from the Seeds of Change catalog. There is no indication, on their website, in the catalog, on their food products, that they are in fact owned by M&M/Mars. Technically, its through their subsidiary Masterfoods USA. It is an understatement to say that I am currently beside myself, furious that I have unintentionally bought into a major corporation when I thought that I was creating something entirely out of the hands of industrialized America. Of course there are numerous other seed companies that are unaffiliated with the web of organic profiteering, and next year when I purchase seed I will be sure to research the company thoroughly and consult this useful guide. As a disclaimer, I am not sure if Masterfoods participates in disagreeable business practices and my condemnation warrants further research but I can' t shake this feeling of disappointment and a little shame for being so gullible.

No comments: